Last week I went on a business trip to Boston, to Massachusetts Institute of Technology in fact on what was my first real visit the the USA. I was away from home for a total of 100 hours, yet the impact the trip had on me and the lessons I learnt, made it feel far more valuable than any 100 hours I can remember.
Over the next few days I plan to write a few notes about some of the moments that left an impression and some of the subject areas I’ve already spotted include:
- The Secret sauce at MIT
- Speaking the lingo
- Baseball – what is that all about?
- How to say hello
- Rubbish collection
- Using apps for changing life
- Flight loading in the right order
- Customs in Dublin
- Making it clear you want to attract investment
- The power of focus – at MIT on Technology
- Regional Entrepreneur Action Plan
- Some great ideas from Senseable Cities.
It might take me over 100 hours to get all this written, but I think it will be worth recording and sharing some of the benefits of what was a fantastic week.
Please click here if you want more information.