How would you improve on this story?
This wonderful piece from Yes Prime Minister, was right at the time it was written:
Jim Hacker: “Don’t tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers:
– The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;
– The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;
– The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;
– The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;
– The Financial Times is read by people who own the country;
– The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country;
– And the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.”
Sir Humphrey: “Prime Minister, what about the people who read the Sun?”
Bernard Woolley: “Sun readers don’t care who runs the country, as long as she’s got big ****.”
But the world has moved on, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Foursquare are all new ways in which we communicate and of course the recent allegations linked to injunctions and super-injunctions are all ways of stopping us communicating.
How would you improve on Jim Hacker’s great words to make them more pertinent to 2011?